Flagship offering with the performance to meet growing enterprise needs with Wi-Fi 6E
By leveraging the 6 GHz band, Aruba 650 Series Campus APs delivers peak performance and far greater capacity than previous generations of Wi-Fi. With up to 1200 MHz of new channels, capacity is nearly tripled – so you can meet growing demand due to bandwidth-hungry video, increasing numbers of client and IoT devices and growth in cloud. Unique to Aruba, the 650 Series includes ultra tri-band filtering to minimize channel interference and dual configurable 5 Gbps ethernet ports to eliminate coverage gaps, provide greater resiliency, and deliver fast, secure connectivity.
MORE CAPACITY AND WIDER CHANNELS
The 650 Series APs are designed to take advantage of the 6GHz band, which translates into far greater speeds, wider channels for multi-gigabit traffic, and less interference. The three 4×4 MIMO radios of the platform deliver a combined peak datarate of up to 7.8Gbps.
Advantages of 6GHz
Wi-Fi 6E provides up to 1200MHz in the 6GHz band for higher throughput and improved application performance. With up to seven 160MHz channels, Wi-Fi 6E can better support lowlatency, bandwidth hungry applications like high-definition video and artificial reality/virtual reality applications. Only Wi-Fi 6E capable devices can use the 6GHz band so there is no interference or slowdowns due to legacy devices.
Device class support
For operation in the 6GHz band, the 650 Series APs are part of the low power indoor (LPI) device class. This fixed indooronly class uses lower power levels and does not require an Automated Frequency Coordination service (AFC) to manage incumbent outdoor services which is required for standard class APs.
650 Series Access Points include Aruba’s ultra tri-band filtering, which enables enterprises to take advantage of the entire 5GHz and 6GHz bands without experiencing interference, while operating on any channel in either band concurrently. Since there is only 50MHz between 5GHz and the 6GHz, without advanced filtering, enterprises would likely experience problems between the bands and would therefore be limited in the number of channels available. By applying advanced filtering capabilities, enterprises can take full use of available spectrum without creating coverage gaps or islands.
The Series 650 APs provide high availability with two HPE Smart Rate ethernet ports for hitless failover for both data and power. Configurable to 1, 2.5, or 5 Gbps, these dual ports provide business continuity for mission critical applications.
- Comprehensive tri-band coverage across 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz to deliver up to 7.8Gbps combined peak datarate
- 4×4 MIMO radios to deliver peak performance and increased capacity using MU-MIMO and OFDMA (uplink and downlink for both)
- Up to seven 160MHz channels in 6GHz support low-latency, bandwidth-hungry applications like high-definition video and augmented reality/virtual reality applications
- Unique ultra tri-band filtering enables 5GHz and 6GHz to operate without restrictions or interference
- High availability with configurable 5 Gbps dual Ethernet ports for hitless failover of ethernet and power
- Built in GPS receivers and intelligent software enable APs to self-locate and act as reference points for accurate indoor location measurements.