Transparently connect fiber to copper to power PoE+ devices at the edge of your network. Use the Converter to connect PoE+ devices such as PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) cameras, 802.11n access points, VoIP phones, and more that require up to 30 watts of power. The Converter acts as a Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) to push data and power over copper cable to the remote, Powered Devices (PDs). The Media Converter features one autosensing 10/100/1000-BASE-T UTP port plus an SFP port that can be used for multimode and single-mode 1000BASE-X fiber connections. It is powered via an external AC adapter, which delivers 47~57 input power voltage. The Converter features advanced functions such as auto-negotiation, Auto-MDIX, Link Lost Forwarding, and Link Fault Pass-Through for easy system management and troubleshooting. LEDs indicate Converter activity.
This product is covered by one of more of the following: United States Patent Nos. 7,457,250; 8,902,760; and/or 9,019,838.
- Provides one 10-/100-/1000-Mbps copper port and one 1000Mbps SFP port
- Power sourcing equipment (PSE) on the copper side to provide up to 30 watts of power
- Compatible with 802.3af/at standard PoE devices
- Link Loss Forwarding provides instant notification of fiber segment link problems
- Copper port supports full-duplex, auto-MDI/MDI-X, and auto-negotiation
- Smart, plug-and-play installation