Portable Smart Card Reader
Go mobile with IOGEAR’s Portable Smart Card reader. Our latest Smart Card reader is the perfect communications medium between a Smart Card and a host (e.g. a computer or a point-of-sale terminal). Keep the GSR203 Portable Smartcard reader in your backpack, briefcase, or even pocket. The slim design with tuck-away and clip USB cable makes transportation effortless.
What is a Smart Card Reader?
A Smart Card is a small portable credit-card shaped pocket-sized card with embedded integrated circuits or IC chips which can process data. The combination of the small size and IC (integrated chip) in the Samrt Card make them a valuable tool for security, data storage, and other special applications. The use of Smart Cards can improve user security by combining something a user has (the Smart Card) with something only the user should know (a PIN). This provides two factor security that is more secure than passwords alone.
- Speed: 825kbps
- USB 2.0 connection to increase reliability and ease of operation
- Designed for use with CAC software**
- ISO7816 implementation – Class A, B, and C (5V / 3V / 1.8V) Card
- EMV 2000 Level 1 approved and support 3V and 5V cards
- FIPS-201 Compliant: Meets US Federal Information Processing Standard Publication 201*
- Pocket-sized compact design with tuck-away USB cable for easy portability
- Supports multiple Smart Card protocols and relevant industry standards for digital signage and secure personal identification
- Suitable for applications in government, healthcare, banking, entertainment, and secure network login
- Portable Smart Card reader