Smart Card Reader / CAC Reader
IOGEAR’s USB Common Access Card Reader is the perfect solution for most civilians as well as non-military government workers who need everyday secure access. Common Access Card (CAC), or Smart Card readers are often used as a communications medium between the EMV smart card and a host (e.g. a computer, a point-of-sale terminal, network login, etc.) in secure systems such as those used by government, banking and health care.
The GSR212 requires the card to be inserted directly into the reader where electrical contacts retrieve the data stored in the card’s chipset. IOGEAR’s physical contact readers are less prone to misalignment, which helps to eliminate the possibility of being misread.
- Compatible with Microsoft USB-CCID driver
- Support short APDU and extended APDU
- EMV 4.1 compliant
- Supports popular memory cards including: SLE 4404, 4418, 4428, 4442, 4443, and I2C
- Support T0, T1 protocol
- Supports PC Smart Card industry standard – PC/SC version 1.0/2.0
- ISO7816 implementation – Class A, B, and C (5V / 3V / 1.8V) Card
- Designed for use with CAC middleware (not included)
- Support EMV Level 1 specification