The IOLAN DS/TS Device Server is the best choice for simple serial to Ethernet connectivity applications. Delivering a cost effective solution in a compact size, the IOLAN DS/TS offers flexibility and advanced TrueSerial® technology making it ideal for applications that require an authentic serial connection across an Ethernet network. IOLAN DS1 Device Servers are also available with support for Extended Temperature Ranges.
Features and Benefits
- TrueSerial® delivers the most authentic serial connections across Ethernet
- Powerful processors for the best throughput and performance on the market
- Indicators for network and serial interfaces for easy troubleshooting
- Plug & Play installation utility eliminates configuration hassles for all IOLANs on you IP network
- TruePort software provides true remote serial ports over an Ethernet LAN
- Share a serial port with multiple TCP or UDP servers
- Software Development Kit available to develop powerful custom applications
- Power over serial cable models eliminate costs of a separate power installation
- Next Generation IP support (IPv6) for investment protection and network compatibility
- Compact and protective solid steel enclosure for tabletop, wall mount or DIN rail mounting
Flexible and Reliable Serial to Ethernet Connections
The IOLAN DS/TS is ideal for connecting serial-based COM port, UDP or TCP socket based applications to remote devices. Perle’s TruePort re-director provides fixed TTY or COM ports to server based applications enabling communication with remote devices connected to Perle device servers. You can also tunnel serial data between devices across an IP network.
Easy to set up and manage, the IOLAN DS1 has a software selectable RS-232/422/485 interface capability which simplifies setup and eliminates mechanical tampering associated with DIP switch based products.
Perle’s Device Management software, shipped as standard with the IOLAN DS/TS, provides better centralised control and management of multiple units resulting in maximum uptime for your remote equipment. Protection against electrostatic discharges and power surges is provided on the IOLAN DS/TS with its robust 15Kv ESD protection circuitry enabling organisations to utilise this solution with confidence.
Backed with the experience of connecting hundreds of thousands of different devices to Ethernet over the years, using a Perle Device Server you can rest assured that virtually any device with a serial COM port will operate in conjunction with your desired application exactly as it did when you had it directly connected. If the unlikely event occurs that the Perle Device Server does not enable this out of the box, Perle will make it work.
Perle IOLAN Device Servers utilize customer installable “Device Plug-ins” to successfully network devices where other solutions have failed.
- 1 or 2 serial Ports
- Software selectable RS232/422/485 or fixed RS232 serial port interface
- 10/100 or 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Extended temperature model available