Plugable’s Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Active Adapter (MDP-HDMI) allows you to easily connect the Mini DisplayPort/Thunderbolt 2 output on your Mac or PC laptop, desktop, or tablet to virtually any HDMI-enabled display. Active adapters use an integrated chipset to convert the DisplayPort signal from the computer to a HDMI signal, compatible with HDMI displays. This adapter supports resolutions up to 4K (3840×2160 @ 60Hz) refresh rate for computer monitors and televisions with Standard Dynamic Range (SDR), 4K 30Hz with High Dynamic Range (HDR) capable televisions and monitors.
Apple Notes: While our mDP adapters work with Apple Thunderbolt ports, the maximum supported resolution will depend on the model of Mac and monitor in use. Please be aware that with an update to macOS Mavericks, Apple disabled 4K video output on the vast majority of Mac models-even models which previously were able to output 4K. Only Macs with “official” 4K support from Apple will be capable of 4K output using this adapter, while most will be limited to 1080P output. Additionally some Apple systems will not be capable of outputting audio from Thunderbolt 2 to the HDMI display.
The adapter has passed the extensive testing requirements necessary for VESA certification, and is compliant with VESA Dual-Mode DisplayPort 1.2, High Bit Rate 2 (HBR2), and HDMI 2.0 standards. The adapter is also compatible with both AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround technologies.
- Compatible with PC and Mac laptops, desktops, or tablets that have Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt 2 output ports to add a HDMI-capable monitor, TV, or projector
- In order to display a 4K resolution the host’s graphics processor and attached display need to be 4K capable
- Connect a HDMI-equipped display to a Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt 2 output from your computer
- Connect additional HDMI displays to AMD Eyefinitiy or NVIDIA Surround capable graphics cards
- Portable for traveling professionals to connect to other HDMI displays.
- This adapter is not bi-directional and will not convert video in the other direction
- Not compatible with HDR (requires HDMI 2.0b or HDMI 2.1)
- Refresh rate may be limited to 30Hz on 4K HDR televisions
In the Bag
- Plugable Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Active Adapter.
Please note that an HDMI cable is not included.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY-We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
- COMPATIBILITY-Active Adapter is compatible with Mini DisplayPort 1.2 output ports and HDMI 2.0 displays. Not bidirectional. Note your source and display both need to support desired resolution
- AMD EYEFINITY COMPATIBLE-VESA (DisplayPort) certified. Compliant with VESA Dual-Mode DisplayPort 1.2, High Bit Rate 2 (HBR2), and HDMI 2.0 standards
- SUPPORTED RESOLUTIONS-Supports HDMI displays up to 3840×2160 @ 60Hz (4K) resolution
- mDP TO HDMI ADAPTER- Converts a Mini DisplayPort output on your laptop or desktop to HDMI for easy connection to an HDMI capable display, monitor, or HDTV-mDP TO HDMI ADAPTER- Converts a Mini DisplayPort output on your laptop or desktop to HDMI for easy connection to an HDMI capable display, monitor, or HDTV