Featuring the highest-performance DisplayLink DL-5500 chipset, the Plugable UGA-4KHDMI graphics adapter lets you connect an additional HDMI display up to 3840×2160@30Hz (4K/UHD/2160p) to your Windows-based laptop, desktop, or tablet and Mac 10.14+ via USB 3.0.
Drivers available for Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 7 / XP and Mac 10.14+ systems.
Current GPU and USB 3.0 host controller drivers recommended for best performance and compatibility.
Cannot be mixed with non-DisplayLink USB graphics adapters and drivers (e.g. MCT, j5, or SMSC).
Surface RT, and Linux/Unix not supported.
HDMI conversion to DisplayPort and dual-link DVI not supported.
Supports HDMI displays up to 4K. 4K mode has a refresh rate of 30Hz, while 3440×1440 supports 50Hz. 2560×1600, 2560×1440, 2560×1080, 1920×1080 (1080P) and lower modes refresh at 60Hz.
4K/UHD output requires compatible 4K/UHD display and “high speed” HDMI 1.4 cable. Not recommended for use with Samsung UHD TVs.
Audio outputs in stereo format; 5.1 output not supported.
Does not support HDCP, and will not allow for playback of encrypted Bluray disks or copy-protected content.
Video playback at 1080P and above requires playback software that supports GPU acceleration.
Not recommended for gaming.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY – We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
- WINDOWS AND MAC – Drivers for Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 7/7 / XP are available via Windows Update or download. Drivers for MacOS 10.14+ are available for download.
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE – Easily stow in any backpack or laptop bag, taking up roughly the same space as a pack of playing cards. No external power adapter needed
- BOOST PRODUCTIVITY – Maximize your productivity and workspace. With multiple displays, you’re able to get more done in less time especially on tasks that have you working across a handful of windows and tabs
- MULTIPLE DISPLAYS – Connect multiple USB 3.0 display adapters to your computer to expand your screen space with up to 6 additional 3840×2160 HDMI displays (one 4K display per adapter)