Features a Prolific PL-2303HX Rev D chipset for the best combination of performance and wide driver support. Drivers available for Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8. 7, Vista, XP, macOS/Mac OS X 10.6 and later; open source drivers included in Linux kernel 2.4.31 and later. Windows 7 – 11 automatically detects and guides driver install without disk. Not compatible with ARM-based Windows (MS Surface).
Works with devices with RS-232 serial ports like: other PCs with RS-232 ports, Bluetooth serial adapters, PDAs, GPS receivers, routers, firewalls, modems, printers, embedded character displays, scan tools, sonar units, embedded boards, etc. Works with software like: HyperTerminal, TeraTerm, WinDBG, all open source serial software on Linux, etc.
Connector compatibility note
The DB9 connector has fixed female side screw in connections. For connecting to a device that also has fixed female side connectors an inexpensive DB9 Female/Female Mini Gender Changer (Coupler) will be needed.
We use only genuine Prolific chips. There has been a problem with some USB serial adapters using clone chips not actually from Prolific. These adapters will not work with Prolific’s latest drivers, thus won’t have support on recent operating systems like Windows 7 – 11. Because we only use genuine Prolific chips, our adapter is always compatible with the latest drivers from Prolific.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY – We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
- COMPATIBLE – Genuine Prolific PL-2303HXD Chipset for widest possible compatibility with Windows (11, 10, 8.x, 7, Vista, and XP), Mac, Linux, and other platforms
- FLEXIBLE – Programmable baud rate from 75 bits per second to 128,000 bits per second. Plug-and-play creation of a COM port. Powered by USB; no external power needed
- LEGACY SUPPORT – Add a 9-pin DB9 RS-232 serial port to any modern computer, replaces built-in or PCIe serial adapters, recommended for use with a serial cable or NULL modem cable
- USB TO RS232 SERIAL – Connect legacy DB-9 serial communications devices to a modern computer with USB