The MCM110ST2 10/100 Multi Mode ST Fiber Ethernet Media Converter (2 km) creates a cost-effective Ethernet to fiber link, transparently converting to/from 10Base-T or 100Base-Tx Ethernet signals and 100Base-Fx optical signals to extend an Ethernet network connection over a multimode fiber backbone.
The ST media converter supports a maximum multimode fiber optic cable distance of 2km (1.2 miles), providing a simple solution for connecting 10Base-T/100Base-Tx Ethernet networks to remote locations using ST-terminated multimode fiber, while delivering solid network performance and scalability.
Easy to setup and install, this compact, value-conscious fast Ethernet media converter features auto-switching MDI and MDI-X support on the RJ45 UTP connections as well as manual controls for UTP mode, speed, Full and Half Duplex, as well as LFP (Link Fault pass-through) on/off.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- LED Indicators for simple Ethernet/Fiber network link monitoring
- Support flow control (Pause)
- Supports Q in Q double tagged frame transparent
- Supports IEEE 802.1q Tag VLAN pass thru
- Supports IEEE 802.3 10Base-T, 802.3u 100Base-TX and 100Base-FX industry standards
- Compatible with 3COM?, Cisco?, Lucent? and Nortel? networks
- Supports Link Fault Pass through (LFP)
- Supports a maximum multi mode fiber optic cable distance of 2 km
- Supports full or half-duplex operation