This USB 3.1 Gen 2 card lets you add one USB-C™ port and one USB-A port to your computer, through a PCI Express slot. It enables you to upgrade your current system by adding two USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports to your computer and giving you access to data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps per port. USB 3.1 Gen 2 (also known as USB 3.2 Gen 2×1) PCIe Add-On card supports Multiple INs, maintains optimal bandwidth even when mixed speed devices are connected.
Plus, by adding one USB-C and one USB-A port to your PC, you can easily connect legacy, modern, and future USB devices, regardless of the USB connector type.
USB 3.1 Gen 2 Performance
By adding 10Gbps USB ports to your computer, you can harness the speed of USB 3.1 Gen 2 and rest assured you’re ready for both current and future high-bandwidth USB-A and USB-C devices.
With higher data throughput support, this USB 3.1 PCIe card is a necessity for external drives, drive enclosures, and many other USB 3.1 peripherals. Plus, the expansion card with SATA power enables supplemental power to the USB ports (when motherboard power is insufficient) providing up to 5V 3A/15W via the USB-C port and 5V 0.9A/4.5W via the USB-A port. The card is ideal for use with high performance external storage solutions.
Compatible with Older USB Devices
Connecting older peripherals isn’t a problem. This versatile dual-port USB 3.1 card is backward compatible with legacy USB 3.0/2.0 devices that use the common USB Type-A port, so you can eliminate the added expense and aggravation of purchasing new devices. You can also connect older devices on the USB Type-C™ port using a variety of USB-C cables and adapters.
The USB 3.1 card is compatible with a broad range of Windows®, macOS and Linux® operating systems. Plus, the high-quality card includes both standard-profile and low-profile brackets, making it easy to install in full or small form-factor PCs and servers.
Faster Transfer Speeds with UASP
The card supports USB data transfer speeds of 10Gbps. But, you can experience transfer speeds up to 70% faster than conventional USB, when connected to a computer that also supports UASP. With UASP you can utilize the full potential of a SATA III SSD or HDD. UASP is supported in Windows® 8, macOS (10.8 or above), and Linux®.
In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.1 Gen 2 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing, UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
The PEXUSB311AC3 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: USB 3.1 Gen 2 or USB 3.2 Gen 2×1 PCIe Add-On card supports Multiple INs, maintains max bandwidth even when mixed speed devices are connected; 10Gbps per port; 1x USB-A & 1x USB-C
- Upgraded version of our popular card PEXUSB311AC2
- POWER: Expansion card w/ SATA power supplies supplemental power to the USB ports (when motherboard power is insufficient) providing up to 5V 3A/15W via the USB-C port & 5V 0.9A/4.5W via the USB-A port
- MAX PERFORMANCE WITH USB DEVICES: 2-port USB-A & USB-C PCIe card adapter supports USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) optimizing USB performance w/ external storage devices like SSDs, HDDs, NVMe drives
- COMPATIBILITY: Installs in full or low-profile PCIe 3.0 x4 desktop/server slot (lower performance w/PCI-e 2.0); Windows/Linux/macOS auto driver install (Windows 8 & up); Works with USB 3.2/3.1/3.0/2.0
- THE STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: StarTech.com offers a 2-year warranty & free lifetime 24 hour support on this dual port USB-A & USB-C PCI Express Host Controller card w/ full & low profile bracket incl.