This PCIe USB 3.2 Gen 2 controller card installs into an available PCI-Express x4 slot in your computer and enables you to upgrade your current system by adding two SuperSpeed USB-A (10Gbps) ports.
Add two 10 Gbps USB Type-A Ports to Your Desktop Computer
The controller card enables you to connect two USB-A Gen 2 (10 Gbps) devices to your desktop computer. The USB-A ports are ideal for connecting USB devices such as external hard drives and solid state drives or powering and syncing your mobile devices. The USB-A ports provides up to 4.5W (5V/0.9A) of power per USB port, and are backward compatible with USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gbps), and USB 2.0 (480 Mbsp) devices.
Note: USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) is also know as USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps), and USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gbps) is also know as USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 (5 Gbps).
SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) Performance
The USB 3.2 Gen 2 card features an ASMedia ASM3142 host controller that utilizes x2 lanes of the PCIe 3.0 bus, making the card capable of speeds up to 10Gbps on each port, and enabling fast access to high-performance devices like NVMe drives and SSDs. The controller card supports Multiple INs to reduce bandwidth loss when multiple devices are connected, even when connected through a USB Hub (Note: The USB hub must also support this feature). The card also supports UASP for improved performance with storage devices.
Wide Installation Compatibility
This add-on card includes both full-profile and low-profile installation brackets ensuring you can install it into either a full or low-profile PCIe 3.0 x4 slot (backward compatible w/PCIe 2.0). For wide platform support the card is compatible with Windows, Linux and macOS. For hassle-free installation the drivers install automatically on computers running Windows 8 or higher. Works w/USB 3.1/3.0/2.0 devices
PEXUSB312A3 is backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty with free 24/5 multi-lingual North American based technical support. StarTech.com has been the IT professionals’ choice for over 30 years.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: 2-Port USB PCIe Card with ASMedia ASM3142 host controller (PCIe 3.0 x4) has two SuperSpeed 10Gbps USB-A ports (USB 3.1 Gen 2 / USB 3.2 Gen 2×1); Speeds up to 10Gbps/port; Upgraded version of our popular USB card PEXUSB312A2
- MAXIMIZED USB PERFORMANCE: Add-on card supports Multiple Ins for max bandwidth when using mixed-speed devices; Supports UASP & optimized for SSDs/HDDs, NVMe, thumb drives; Supports USB 3.0/2.0 devices
- POWER: USB PCI Express 3.0 expansion card w/ SATA power header supplies supplemental power to the USB ports (when motherboard power is insufficient) providing up to 4.5W (5V @ 0.9A) per USB-A port
- COMPATIBILITY: USB PCIe adapter card installs in full or low-profile PCIe 3.0 x4 slot and up; Bracket included; Backward compatible w/ PCIe 2.0; Supports Win/Linux/macOS w/auto drivers on Win 8 & up
- STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: IT professionals’ choice for over 30 years; This USB-A PCI-e card for desktop is backed for life by StarTech.com, incl. free 24/5 North America based multi-lingual tech support