Protect your sensitive data from unauthorized access wherever you go, with this encrypted hard drive enclosure for 2.5″ SATA SSDs and HDDs. It encrypts the data on your hard drive and utilizes the latest biometric technology to limit users through fingerprint access. Secure Protection for Your Data
The external SSD/HDD enclosure provides reliable protection against data leaks through secure data encryption. It utilizes hardware-based 256-bit encryption, based on the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256), one of the most secure encryption methods.
With the encrypted hard drive enclosure, you can limit data access to pre-authorized individuals, by storing up to eight fingerprints for fingerprint access. There is also one master password making it easy to configure, manage and change fingerprint profiles.
Easy and Versatile Portable Storage
Add portable external data storage to your USB-A or USB-C laptop or tablet with the encrypted SSD / HDD enclosure (two cables included). The enclosure is powered by the USB port on your device, so no external power is required.
Your 2.5″ SATA drive (7mm to 9.5 mm in height) slides easily into the sleek and durable aluminum enclosure, ventilated to help ensure an optimum operating temperature. Take the compact enclosure with you anywhere you go – to the office, hospital, lab, or out in the field, to access your data securely.
The encrypted drive enclosure supports USB 3.0 transfer speeds up to 5Gbps. The 2.5″ SATA hard drive enclosure supports SATA I/II/III, ensuring you can achieve high performance while accessing your SATA SSD externally.
The TAA compliant S251BMU3FP is backed by a StarTech.com 5-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- DATA ENCRYPTION & BIOMETRIC SECURITY: Encrypted Hard Drive Enclosure that has 256-bit AES Data Encryption & secure access to external drive by fingerprint or master password to protect sensitive data
- BROAD DRIVE COMPATIBILITY: USB 3.0 (5Gbps) 2.5″ SATA Drive Enclosure supports any SATA I/II/III HDD/SSD (5 mm to 9.5 mm) for fast data transfer speeds; 50 cm USB 3.0 Cable (USB-A to Micro-B) included
- SECURE FILE ACCESS: Once the USB 3.1 Gen 1 Enclosure is unlocked w/ the master password, an intuitive interface lets you manage up to 8 fingerprints & permissions so multiple users can share the drive
- BROAD HOST COMPATIBILITY: SSD/HDD enclosure case w/universal OS support & plug-and-play use w/ any USB host/laptop; Fingerprint Management Interface requires Windows OS for initial setup & permissions
- DESIGNED FOR PERFORMANCE: Compact & portable biometric enclosure w/ aluminum housing protects your drive & has ventilation holes for heat dissipation; LEDs indicate power, lock, unlock & error status