This fiber media converter offers an easy, cost-effective way to extend your network over Gigabit fiber. It is equipped with a multimode transceiver which converts a copper RJ45 Ethernet connection to Gigabit fiber to extend your network over longer distances or connect workstations to switches. The converter provides a powerful extended networking solution for campuses, businesses, government facilities, stadiums, or other areas requiring network access.
Cost-effective extension and dependable performance
The Gigabit Fiber Media Converter provides a cost-effective and dependable solution for shorter range network extensions. It connects an Ethernet network to remote devices over a fiber backbone, with a 550m range on the fiber optic interface. The media converter has a durable metal housing, engineered to deliver long-lasting performance.
Versatile connections for broad compatibility
Fully compatible with10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet networks, thefiber media converter supports auto negotiation to bridge different speed networks and devices to a Gigabit fiber network.It provides versatile connectivity to your existing networks and devices, allowing you tomaximize the usage and performance of legacy equipment.
The multimode transceiver is removable, giving you the flexibility to change your transceiver in the future to meet your networking needs.
Easy installation and compact convenience
The unmanaged fiber media converter has a standalone design with simple plug-and-play set-up to ensure fast and easy installation. Compact in size, the converter gives you flexible installation options – including a wall mounting option to save space.
The MCM1110MMLCis backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Convert between an RJ45 copper Ethernet connection and a fiber optic connection to extend your network cost-effectively
- 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ45 port supports auto negotiation to bridge different network speeds and devices to a Gigabit fiber network
- Compact standalone design and wall mounting option for easy and convenient installation
- 850nm LC multimode Gigabit fiber connection using the included SFP transceiver
- 550m range on fiber optic interface
- Link Fault Pass (LFP) supported
- Durable metal housing
- Supports IEEE 802.1q Tag VLAN pass through
- Auto MDIX
- 9K Jumbo Frame supported