This 5-meter (15 ft.) Mini DisplayPort™ to HDMI® adapter cable offers a single-cable connection from your mDP equipped Microsoft® Surface™ Pro, MacBook or Ultrabook™ laptop to an HDMI display or projector. The passive adapter supports video resolutions up to Ultra HD 4K and is Thunderbolt™ compatible, when connected directly to a supporting DisplayPort over Thunderbolt I/O port.
Astonishing picture quality
Thisadapter cable works with your 4K HDMI display and video source to ensureyouitmaintains it’sastonishing picture quality, fourtimes the resolution of 1080p, when converting Mini DisplayPortto HDMI.
The adapter is also backwardcompatible with lower resolution displays and video sources. With support forhigh-definitionresolutions of 1080p and 720p, youcan future-proof your existing setup for 4K video.
For the simplest and most discreet installation,this mDP to HDMI adapter connects directly from your Mini DisplayPort video source tothe HDMI port on your display.Itdoesn’t need apower source,unlike someconverter dongles that require active powerand separate videocabling.
At 5m in length, thisadapter cable delivers a directconnection that eliminates excess toensurea tidy, professional installation. For shorter installations, we also offer a 3-meter mDP to HDMI cable (MDP2HDMM3MB),enabling you to choose the right cable length for your custom installation needs.
The MDP2HDMM5MB is backed by a 3-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- PRODUCT PERFORMANCE: 15ft (5m) Mini DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 1.4 cable connects your mDP host to a HDMI display/monitor
- Supports Ultra HD (UHD) 4K 30Hz (3840×2160) or 4096×2160 @ 24Hz video, 7.1ch Audio, HDCP 1.4, DPCP
- Backward compatible with 1080p
- HOST COMPATIBILITY: Passive Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable supports mDP++ source including Thunderbolt 1 & 2 MacBooks, MacBook Air & Mac Mini, Microsoft Surface Pro 1-6, desktops (AMD FirePro/NVidia Quadro), laptops, mini itx computers, Intel NUC & docks
- INTEGRATED DISPLAY CABLE: Mini DP to HDMI adapter cable has flexible design w/ adapter chip built into HDMI connector reducing clutter & providing a tidy install in the office, boardroom or home office; 15′ (5m) cable length for easy routing/install
- RELIABLE CONNECTION: mDP to HDMI cable provides a direct connection to your HDMI monitor, display or projector; The chip is built into the HDMI connector which minimizes signal loss, providing a crystal clear image
- EASY TO USE: With no software or drivers required, the Mini DP to HDMI converter cable/cord works with any OS including macOS, Windows & Ubuntu; Compatible with MiniDP devices like Microsoft Surface PCs or TB1/TB2 MacBooks