This Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter lets you connect your mDP computer to a VGA monitor or projector. The adapter works with Mini DisplayPort computers like your Ultrabook™ or any Microsoft® Surface™ Pro devices equipped with mDP.
Easily connect your Mini DisplayPort computer to a VGA display
The mDP to VGA adapter lets you connect your Mini DisplayPort laptop, desktop or tablet to a VGA display. The adapter is compatible with mDP ports as well as Thunderbolt 1 and Thunderbolt 2 I/O ports, and supports plug-and-play connectivity ensuring a hassle-free setup.
Works with legacy VGA monitors
The Mini DisplayPort adapter makes your mDP computer fully compatible with existing VGA monitors or projectors in your home or around your office. The VGA connector features nuts that mate with the screws on standard VGA cables, to ensure your video cable won’t get disconnected.
Designed for maximum portability
The Mini DisplayPort to VGA converter maximizes portability with a compact, lightweight design, making it the perfect travel accessory to carry with your Surface Pro or Ultrabook, fitting easily into your laptop bag or carrying case. This ultra-portable design makes this adapter perfect for BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) applications at the office.
Crystal-clear picture quality
With support for video resolutions up to 1920×1200 or 1080p, you’ll be surprised at the picture quality the adapter provides, even when connected to a legacy VGA monitor, projector or television. The adapter harnesses the video capabilities built into your mDP connection to deliver every detail in stunning high-definition.
The MDP2VGA is backed by a 3-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- EASY TO USE: With no software or drivers required, the Mini DP to VGA converter (male to female) works with any OS including Windows, Ubuntu and macOS; Compatible with MiniDP devices like Microsoft Surface PCs or TB1/TB2 MacBooks
- SCREW LOCKING VGA: Mini DisplayPort to VGA display adapter supports VGA screw locking cable to prevent cable from coming loose or accidental disconnection from VGA displays and projectors
- Tested with VGA cables up to 25′
- INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY: Connect a VGA monitor or projector, or add a second display to your workstation using this mDP to VGA adapter dongle; Compact design makes it ideal for travel to & from office/home
- 5″ (13cm) cable
- HOST COMPATIBILITY: Active digital to analog converter supports mDP/mDP++ source including Thunderbolt 1 & 2 MacBooks, MacBook Air & Mac Mini, Microsoft Surface Pro 1-6, desktops (AMD FirePro/NVidia Quadro), laptops, mini itx computers, Intel NUC & docks
- MINI DISPLAYPORT TO VGA ADAPTER: Mini DP 1.2 (HBR2) video adapter connects a VGA display or projector supporting 1920×1200 & 1080p at 60Hz; EDID & DDC pass-through ensures compatibility between source & display
- VESA DisplayPort certified